Follow me on Twitter

Monday 29 June 2009

EMI Music Site

I checked out the EMI website www.emi.com today, and what a great site it is.

I loved the design. It's free sign up. So easy. It only takes a few seconds, and then you're listening to some great artists. Plus, you can watch videos, although the videos did tend to buffer a little. Maybe it was the time of day when everybody was on the net.

I clicked on Artists, and there were so many I didn't know who to listen to first. I finally chose Pat Benatar.
A list of her albums appeared on the left side of my screen offering me a choice. So, I clicked on the album I wanted, selected a track and that was it. I could click to create my playlist, or just play the song. I played the song.

I even found the Indie group Bat for Lashes, who I hadn't heard of until last night when I watched them on the television performing at Glastonbury.

Next, I clicked on Charts, and discovered a list of the most played videos/audio over the last thirty days.

EMI have thought of everything with this site. A great plus is that they have made it very user friendly. It's a brilliant site, which I'll continue to use. Oh yes, there were a couple of competitions to enter too!

So, if you're a music boff like me then this site is definitely worth checking out.

No comments: