Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Butlins Skegness








Hi-de-Hi!
Morning Campers! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

I last visited a Butlins holiday camp when I was three or fours years old. I have black and white photographs to prove it.

Last weekend I returned to Butlins in Skegness, and dragged Gloria, kicking and screaming, along with me. But she was just overtired, once she got there, she was fine.

I didn't know what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised. Although it is geared for children, there's plenty for adults too.



We stayed in a Gold Star apartment, and ate the good food in the Yacht Club Restaurant.
All of the staff, without exception, were absolutely marvellous, nothing was a trouble to them.
Mark and Cliff, you are stars.



The Red Coats entertained everyone.
Wish I had half of their stamina - they are unbelievable!



We enjoyed a 'chill out' visit to The Spa and had a dip in the Hydrotherapy Pool, but declined the offer of a drenching with freezing water from the Cold Bucket Splash. Can't understand how folks can enjoy that kind of thing.

We ventured to the fairground where we watched (notice I say watched) the scary rides whiz past at the speed of light.




The sun shone so we enjoyed a leisurely walk along the beach. I asked Gloria if she wanted a bucket and spade. She settled for a candy floss.
The security was amazing. Even to go onto the beach we had to show our key card to go out of the complex, and again on return. Children had to be accompanied by an adult.



There is something for the whole family at Butlins www.butlins.com
You can be entertained all day, and night. There is a great choice. It's perfect for water babies too. There is an outdoor pool and a great, and very popular, indoor Splash Waterworld.

We spoke to people who returned year after year.
Many regarded it as a safe environment.
Others - including me - loved the entertainment especially the Rock The Country Live Music Show, and Crossfire.



No comments: