Follow me on Twitter

Thursday 3 March 2011

Positive Impressions

First impressions are formed within seconds of meeting people.  It's a fact.

We all want people to like us on first meeting, don't we? We want to strike the right chord. We want to make a positive impression on whoever we meet wherever we meet them, be it out shopping, on holiday or at that all important interview or business meeting.

We all want to feel comfortable in what we are wearing. If we look good, we feel good. But sometimes it's so difficult to get it right!

Yesterday, I had  image consultant Kathryn Clarke (based in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK) pay me a visit.



Not only did I learn that I am a Cool Muted (yes, it's official - I'm cool) but I now know why I have so many clothes in my wardrobe that I never wear. I seem to like the look of something when I'm shopping for clothes but, when I get some things home I just hang them in the wardrobe and there they stay: never to be worn or see the light of day. The local charity shops love me because they get lots of things still with tags on 😀


It was absolutely amazing to see what colours actually suit me.
As you can see Kathryn started with different shades of green. (I felt like Alice through the looking glass sat in front of the mirror.)

Then it was on to the yellows - one of my fave colours. But, which were the right yellows for me?


After the yellows (I love bananas) we had the reds (I quite like tomatoes too). 

 Isn't it bizarre how different light changes everything too?

Some of Kathryn's colour swatches used to determine your personal colours
Like me if you want to get things right and make a positive impression or if you've had your colours done previously (remember time changes everything including our skin tone and hair colour) then contact Kathryn. 

Not only does Kathryn offer colour analysis and style consultations, she also offers cosmetic consultations, total image reviews and wardrobe planning. And for all you men out there, grooming is included. And, first impressions are just as important for you too. So, don't be shy :-)

For me she offers the ultimate service . . . Personal Shopping.

The Personal Shopping Service covers Newcastle and 
the world famous Metro Centre in Gateshead, 
but Kathryn is available to travel throughout the UK and abroad.

Please contact Kathryn Clarke direct for more information via her website.

Ellen Dean Recommends

No comments: