Follow me on Twitter

Saturday 9 January 2010

Combined Radio and Video Show



This is me setting up my equipment ready to broadcast my Thursday night fun show on Durham Dales Radio www.durham-dales-radio.co.uk

I thought I'd try a different approach this time, and try to video stream www.livestream.com/amethyst at the same time, so that radio listeners could see me whilst listening to my show. Clever stuff eh!

Of course, I had to dress for the part.

Initially there were one or two hiccups, but I got those sorted eventually, and away we went.

It was fun, but exhausting, as I was singing and dancing to the songs.

This puts a new slant on multi-tasking.

A little note: To hear AND see you need to log into both Durham Dales Radio, and Livestream.com/amethyst

Will I do this again? Of course I will . . . BUT you will have to listen in to find out when.
My show broadcasts Thursdays and Saturdays 8-10pm GMT and you can send me requests beforehand to beautifulstrangers@ellendean.co.uk

But what will I call these double shows . . . my RadVid show or VidRad show? Any other suggestions?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What about vodio show??

PS pink on pink is not good for accessibility (people with a visual disability or dyslexia)

Ellen Dean said...

Thanks. Very good suggestion!
I have been thinking about changing the pink for a while now. Any suggestions on that one? Blue is usually good, I think?

Anonymous said...

Love the costume!
When I saw this the song 'Video Killed The Radio Star' jumped into my head and I couldn't stop singing it so then I thought it would be most appropriate for Ellen's show to become 'Video Loves The Radio Star' because indeed it does !

Ellen Dean said...

Excellent suggestion! My fave so far!

Unknown said...

Hey interesting that site I was talking about with advice for dyslexic etc, don't really recommend any colour scheme now, they say its best if people can change their own.... Anyway I agree they used to say white text or yellow text on blue was good.. however I think that each case is individual which is why they don't advise on any colour scheme being good for all. aAnyway here is the site if you want to read further
http://www.techdis.ac.uk/index.php?p=9_4

Ps like Video Loves the Radio Star too

Ellen Dean said...

Thanks Kathy! And, I will check out the site.