Follow me on Twitter

Monday 6 July 2009

Supermarket Sweep



I'm all for reducing my salt intake, and healthy eating. So, when Sat Nav and I went to Tesco today naturally I looked for food with reduced salt.

We wanted some gravy granules so I picked up some Bisto gravy granules proudly showing a blue and white 'Reduced Salt' banner. Great, I thought as I popped them into the trolley.

But hang on a second!

A Best Seller sticker and price reduction for ordinary Bisto (red lid) gravy granules displayed on the shelf above caught me eye. I was surprised, and somewhat annoyed, to discover that the 'Reduced Salt Bisto' was actually 7 pence more expensive than the ordinary.

So, I have a question for Tesco. Why should customers have to pay extra for gravy granules with reduced salt?

No comments: