Follow me on Twitter

Friday 12 October 2018

'In The Spotlight' at Darlington Hippodrome

On Saturday 6th October I went along with friends and family to Darlington Hippodrome to watch my three year old great-niece Isabelle perform with The Sandra Welsh School Of Dance in their show 'In The Spotlight'. This show was a real treat, and Isabelle's stage debut. I was so excited.

Every member of the cast from the youngest to the oldest (three to eighteen years respectively) gave outstanding performances. There was a full range of singing and dancing. The little ones came on, with chaperones, to a lots of oohs and aahs from the audience - including mine - then the chaperones disappeared into the wings. Did they get stage fright? Not a bit. They performed their routine like little troopers.

The whole show was very uplifting to say the least. One could be forgiven for thinking they were watching a professional West End Show. It was full of life, love and laughter, absolutely bursting with talent. A real tribute to The Sandra Welsh School Of Dance based in Bishop Auckland, County Durham. 

Photos taken by Paul Anderson ©
(used with permission)


                             

   
                             


                                      
   
                                    



Footnote: Isabelle takes her singing and dancing very seriously. I was shopping in Ripon a few days before the show buying an item of clothing for Isabelle. I rang her mother, to ask which size I should buy. Isabelle then came on the phone and started to sing 'You Are My Sunshine' her show song 🎼  She wanted me to sing with her, so I did, much to the amusement of the other shoppers, and staff 😄


Ellen Dean Recommends












No comments: